Monday, December 16, 2013

JUST A WEE BIT


 
Not in a million years would I call myself chic. I’ve written about things like Good Grooming and Clothes Keeping, but knowing about such things does not make me chic. I Yam What I Yam. Just this morning while reading Vicki Archer’s blog French Essence I had to do a fist punch and exclaim “Yes!” I may have a wee bit of chic in me after all. 

Vicki, an author whose books and blog I enjoy, had a conversation/interview with Tish Jett, author or the new book Forever Chic, whose blog A Femme d’Un Certain Age is also one of my favorites. Vicki asked questions about Tish’s life in France, how the book came about, the blog, and just what makes a French woman so chic. (They are, you know. Never in my travels in France did I see a woman of any age who wasn’t thoughtfully turned out when she left her home.)  Vicki asked Tish about her beauty routines, products she couldn’t live without, and what she carries in her handbag. Ah! One of the things she carries is “a tiny bottle of my perfume Aromatics Elixir.” Voila! Aromatics Elixir. That’s my perfume too – when I remember to wear it.

 
But just that one little connection, one thing in common with a woman I admire, makes me think that maybe somehow I’m on the right track, and just might have just a soupçon of chic.  Ooo la la!

Forever Chic is billed as being “for any woman who last saw forty on her speedometer” and that certainly would be me. The book is on my Christmas Wish List, as is another bottle of the delicious Aromatics Elixir. Can’t have too much of a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment