Wednesday, December 4, 2013

FIFTIETH ANNIVERSARIES


 
It seems like I’ve noticed fiftieth anniversaries are coming thick and fast these last few weeks: the fiftieth anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination; the fiftieth anniversary of good old WNET Channel 13, New York’s public television station; fiftieth anniversary of Pavarotti’s debut – we watched the PBS special last night; and the fiftieth anniversary of the BBC’s Dr. Who.
(Exterminate!)

 
My favourite doctors? – Tom Baker, of course (I once knit for my nephew a scarf similar to his – it went on, as this Doctor did, forever!); Peter Davidson because I loved him in All Creatures Great and Small; and the ninth, short-lived Dr. Who, the gorgeous Christopher Eccleston. There are all manner of Dr. Who video clips out there to be seen again. So many clips – so little time.

 
Above all others, it was the fiftieth anniversary of my arriving at the age of 21. Ah, to be that age again and to know what I know now.  Time sure flies when you’re havin’ fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment