Tuesday, January 1, 2019

MAKING A LIST - CHECKING IT TWICE

This morning's news brought dozens of pictures of the world's New Year celebrations.
My favorite is this one of the London Eye. Wow!
  They guy who orchestrated all this is a bloody genius.


Happy New Year to all of you. This holiday season has been a happy, busy one for me. More so than in recent years, I've had a bit more of the holiday spirit - and yesterday I got into the spirit of the new year and a new plan. 

I just read an article about why it's so hard for women over 50 to lose weight - I've been struggling with my weight for eons, and what I read in the article was quite familiar to me: count the calories, exercise more, get better sleep. Yeah, I hear you. So in this time of resolutions - re-solutions - and starting over, I am going to give self-improvement another try. Come to think of it, I've never before used the turn over of the year as a starting point. We'll have to see how it works for me. 

So - first things first - I started two lists. One list is for several of the little nit-picky jobs that need to be done around here. Home Improvement.  For example, I've got to vacuum out every drawer in the kitchen - not to organize then and discard the useless stuff, I keep them fairly neat and tidy, but to clear out all the crumbs and other detritus (I love that word!) that have fallen in there. You could bread a piece of chicken with all those crumbs.

The other list is to keep me on track for my own better health. Self Improvement.  On Boxing Day, my three youngest granddaughters  were weighing themselves on my scale. Jillian, 8, weighs 40; Jenna, 10, weighs 60; Jordan, 12, weighs 106 pounds. I weigh much, much more than their weights combined. I made a quick poster of their weights to put on my refrigerator to remind me of that. I have got to, got to, get some of this weight off. I absolutely know I'd feel better. 



LOL - the other thing I did for me was to throw out the half-used, largest size, jar of peanut butter. PB&J sandwiches are my indulgence, my "what the heck, I'm going to have a PB&J even though I realize it's bad for me but I want one" indulgence. When I get a bit of the "why me's" I'll even go in and scoop out a big dollop to savor. No more dollops, no more snacks. 

As I said, we'll see. 

2018 was a very interesting year - 2019 promises to be the same. Elizabeth Warren (she has my vote) has already announced her candidacy, many (maybe too many) will follow soon. Did you realize that the debates for the 2020 elections begin this June? Yes, it will be an interesting year. Meanwhile, I hope it is a happy, healthy, busy year for all my followers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment