Wednesday, August 12, 2015

SUPPER TONIGHT



Your want to know what to make for supper tonight? That wonderful blogger and chef extraordinaire, Sam Hoffer, up in North Carolina at My Carolina Kitchen, writes today about her visits to the weekly market at St.-Remy-de-Provence, and the wonderful classic Provençal Tomato Tarte to be made from luscious, fresh tomatoes.

I've been making a version of this tarte since I first read about it about twelve years ago on French-Word-a-Day, Kristin Espinasse's wonderful blog. My recipe has evolved over the years, to the point where I now make my own crust. Lately, later than my blog post about it in June, I've even left off the mustard, making the tarte using only sliced Swiss cheese, sliced tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. It's a recipe in progress, and one you can do in any version to suit your own tastes and the ingredients you have on hand.

I was delighted to see all Sam Hoffer's pictures of the St. Remy market. I haven't been there in years. One picture to add to her album is this one I took years ago. After we had stopped in a restaurant for lunch, we came out to find the market over and the clean-up in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment