Friday, February 1, 2019



In February it will be
My snowman's anniversary
With cake for him and soup for me!
Happy once, happy Twice   
Happy chicken soup with rice.


Ah, February - the month that we usually pronounce and spell incorrectly. It is a month I love because we've lots of family birthdays. From children to grandchildren, the oldest will now be 60, the youngest just 9. It is the amethyst month, and that is my favorite stone - not my own birthstone, alas. 

I first began to feature Maurice Sendak's "Chicken Soup with Rice" back in 2014. This year, so far, has been a record cold one in our country - and a record hot one down in Australia - so I thought I'd bring out the soup again. My own chicken soup has noodles in it - but it is delicious, if I do say so myself. Soup is the obvious supper to have on chilly winter days. As my mother would say, it warms the cockles of your heart. And I wanted to know what those cockles are. O.K., I just googled it and learned something. You should too. 

Have a Fabulous February everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment