Friday, April 29, 2016

TUNA NOODLE "CASSEROLE" FOR TWO SENIORS

I've been making this for some time now. Just last week I thought to take some pictures while I made it. Just the pictures of the onions and the final dish came out well. I had to make one change to the recipe, a change that annoys me no end: my original recipe called for a 6 oz. can of tuna, now they are 5 oz. And I do remember when they were 7 oz.  Why didn't they just leave it at 7 - or is there now not enough tuna to fill the demand. Read my Recipe Method over in the right hand column. This is one of those recipes where I list the ingredients as I go along. Here goes:



Boil water and cook broad noodles for 2

In 1½ Tbsp. butter, sauté 
1 small to medium sliced onion, salt and pepper, until onions are golden.



Sprinkle onions with 1 Tbsp. flour, and mix in with
½ cup of half and half

Add 1 small can sliced mushrooms and the juice

1 tsp grated lemon peel (or one packet of True Lemon) and bring to a bubble, then lower flame to the lowest setting. 

When noodles have 5 minutes to go, add 1 5oz. Can of tuna,
drained, to the onions and mushrooms. Break up tuna and mix it
in with the sauce and just heat it through.

Serve with French’s onions or chopped chives on top.







No comments:

Post a Comment