Saturday, March 12, 2016

PINEAPPLE PANCAKES FOR TWO SENIORS

  

Last Thursday I bought some delicious, fresh pineapple. This morning I thought I'd mince up some of it - maybe 1/2 cup or so, and add it to my regular recipe for pancakes. It was, if I do say so myself, delicious!

I/s a cup of pineapple, or more?


I don't always add fruit, but this is a recipe I use every Saturday. It’s great for both waffles and pancakes, and takes little time to whip up. Of course, it serves 2. Here goes:

Chop up about 1/2 cup or more of fresh pineapple.

Preheat your griddle, and meanwhile

In a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup or similar thing, add and whisk together well:
½ cup milk
1 egg
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Pinch of salt

After mixing that, put in on top of it

½ cup flour, then on top of that
1½ tsp. baking powder –

With your fork or whisk, sort of swirl the baking powder into the top of the flour to mix them a bit, then mix it all into the liquid until it is fairly lump free. 

Stir in the 'minced' pineapple.

Voila: your batter is ready. Just enough for two Seniors. Double or triple as needed.


I was a bit on the messy side this morning, but
the pancakes were excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment