Monday, February 16, 2015

I JUST LOVE THE INTERNET




Holey Socks! It’s still before 9 a.m. this morning and I’ve been all over the world, fascinated by a handful of different things.

The Writer’s Almanac told me that on this day in 1848, playing the piano to a selected audience, Chopin gave his last concert in Paris. He was so young: he’d give another concert in London later that year, and then he died the following year at the age of 39. More about Chopin on Sunday, the 22nd.

The always interesting BBC News daily email told me about the cyber thieves who’ve stolen from worldwide banks an estimated 1 billion dollars since 2013, about the Arctic cold wave here in the north-east of the continent, and also told me about a bit of kinkiness goin’ on in the animal kingdom. Every one’s doin’ it, from red velvet mites to North Atlantic Right whales. Naughty!

And my dear friend in the frigid climes of Canada told me about the gorgeous works of Jack Storms, a sculptor in glass, cold glass. Cold glass, but warm, wonderful colours for this gray winter morning.

The amount and scope of what can be found on the internet never ceases to amaze, enthrall, and entertain me.



No comments:

Post a Comment