Friday, July 4, 2014

AN EAGLE FOR THE FOURTH



What better picture for the 4th of July, Independence Day, than an eagle.
I'm so glad that Ben Franklin didn't get his choice of the turkey as our 
national bird.  Turkeys are great, for years we had them trooping through our rural New York back yard.  But there is nothing like a raptor, especially an eagle, to stir the soul.
In my picture files I call this the "beer eagle" as a reminder that I took the picture of this rescued bird many years ago at a Belgian Fair at the Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, New York.  His handler had him perched very conveniently in front of a large American flag. (I do wonder how many other photographers took the opportunity that day to take a good picture of him.) He might have had a damaged wing, but he looked proud as ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment