Monday, October 14, 2013

OCTOBER 14th - SOME THINGS TO NOTE




Today is Monday, October 14th, the day we celebrate Columbus Day - so go and raise the flag. Mine is already out there. As I did my daily early-morning saunter around the neighborhood I noticed a lot of darkness where there is usually light - for showers, dressing, breakfast and such on a normal Monday morning. It's soooo nice to snuggle in and sleep a bit longer on holidays.

This morning brought two reminder from The Writer's Almanac:

It is the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings - I'm sure you're all excited about this. I was because two years ago I'd written a blog essay about William the Conqueror's arrival on England's shores. You can read it here.


Also, it is the birthday of Dwight D. Eisenhower.  I particularly like this quote attributed to him: “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.”      Think about that concept.

Last I must recommend that all my readers who are also writers of any ilk, do go and read the latest entry at Susannah's Journey.  In case you'd never thought about it before, there's the answer to why we write.

LEE WAS HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment