Monday, July 1, 2013

BACON AND EGG PASTA FOR TWO

Over a year ago I started a blog about cooking for two seniors. I posted fairly regularly, but gradually I began to forget that blog existed - it's easy to do in this busy world. Rather than maintain the two blogs, I decided to cobine them and gradually repost the originals to this blog, then go on and post new recipes. So here is an installment from May of 2012.

My usual method for recording recipes is to do it as though I was speaking to you. I don't often list all the ingredients at the top of the recipe, but include them as I go along, narrating how to prepare the dish. It is a good idea to read through the entire procedure before you start, making sure you have everything on hand and know what's involved.

INGREDIENTS AND METHOD Read through recipe before starting
¼ lb. linguini - cook, reserve 1/3 cup of the liquid meanwhile...

cook 2 slices thick-cut bacon, diced and cook until crisp.
Remove bacon and dry on paper towels. Save the grease.
To bacon grease in the pan, turned to medium to low heat, add
3T white wine
½ tsp. minced garlic
2 oz. jar chopped pimentos and liquid, and reduce heat to low. (optional)

Whisk 2 eggs with 1/3 cup of half ‘n’ half,
add this mix to the skillet, stir constantly until
the mixture coats a spoon, but don’t scramble the egg!!

Add the mix to the pasta, along with the bacon, a handful of baby spinach (optional),
¼ cup parmesan cheese, 1 Tblsp frozen parsley or basil. Stir in the cooking liquid. Serve topped with more parmesan and a grind or two of fresh pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Can I come play at your house - and stay for dinner?

    ReplyDelete