Sunday, June 24, 2012

SKY SHOTS

MOON, MERCURY, JUPITER, MARS
Isn't this a wonderful picture? Just by chance today I went through my pix files and perused the one I call Sky Shots. With great regularity there are wonderful photos like this at NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day.  You can see the large version and explanation of the one above right here.  I check this site daily for information and pictures of sky phenomena from here to the outer limits of the universe.  There's rarely a dull day at APOD. What I'm always wondering about the 'earthlty' pictures is how the photographers arranged to get those memorable, perfect shots. The answer must be patience and persistence, and lots of both

I've got dozens of Sky Shots saved, and, as I find so many other bloggers do, I am going to post a range of my favorites.

THE SHUTTLE COMES TO NEW YORK

PERTH, AUSTRALIA


ECLIPSE OVER RAPA NUI


PILEUS IRIDESCENT CLOUD

AURORA BOREALIS
THE BIG BLUE MARBLE, OF COURSE
SATURN, OF COURSE OF COURSE

M51 - THE WHIRLPOOL GALAXY


No comments:

Post a Comment