Sunday, November 3, 2019

UP EARLY

Image result for big dipper
The Big Dipper is in its Winter position now.

This morning when I got up and went to close the drapes - I close them so the morning light won't disturb Frank - what did I see? The Big Dipper. What a treat to have it handing right there outside my bedroom window.
I'm so glad I saw it, because it gave a happy start to my very early day. I was awake at what is now 4:30 a.m. The switch in time really bothered me this year. I don't know what powers that be decided we needed to have Daylight Savings Time in the first place, but they should have set the clocks ahead and left it at that - forever.
There are movements afoot to leave time - someday - at the earlier hour. DST was supposed to save money, and it really hasn't proved to do that. There are many pros and cons. I'm all for keeping DST.
So now, that I'm up early, I'll go write something.

No comments:

Post a Comment