Friday, November 23, 2018

SUNSHINE




Oh, I feel like such a grump, such a contrarian. Tongue in Cheek is one of my favorite blogs. Corey Amaro is the only one left on my “must read” list who posts every single day, rain or shine, sickness and health, even the day of her daughter’s wedding. She’s an American married to a Frenchman – that in itself is a story sometimes hilarious, sometime sentimental, always interesting, always loving. This recent post was a thoughtful one:

   The sun sends forth the last rays of light, as it pours through my kitchen window spreading across the kitchen table, the gift of light: The sun gives whether there are clouds, rain, or things in the way, then repeats the same gift the next day. Steadfast. Light for everyone and thing regardless who or where or what they are.

And, having had plenty of sunshine pour through my kitchen window, I thought to myself, ­“The sun sends forth the last rays of light, as it pours through my kitchen window… …and I wince and groan as I see the fingerprints and smears on the cabinet fronts.”  An alternate thought was about the dust in the corner, but …

I love a sunshiny day – who doesn’t?  I hate a sunshiny day, especially at this time of year when the sun is just at that precise angle to call attention to my less than white-glove housekeeping. Then I remember the plaque my sister had hanging in her kitchen. It said “My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.”  This is a happy household.







No comments:

Post a Comment