Friday, November 2, 2018

CHRISTMAS COOKIES




Ah! You read that title, and thought I was going to do a post about baking Christmas cookies. Wrong again! The old Curmudgeon is back with another episode of “Whywouldya?”  Blue Bell Ice Cream has announced that their “Christmas Cookie” flavor is now back in the stores. It is a combination of, and I quote, “chocolate chip, snickerdoodle and sugar – in a tasty sugar cookie ice cream with red sprinkles and a green icing swirl throughout.”  Just the description set my teeth on edge. I like sweet things, but that is sugar overload.

I know there were, and maybe still are, chefs who could taste a dish and tell you exactly the spices, herbs, and other ingredients in it. With all that sweetness, could you really distinguish the chocolate chip from the snickerdoodle? I wouldn’t know – to my knowledge I’ve never had a snickerdoodle.

And, on another Christmassy/Whywouldya note, there are now available clam-flavoured candy canes. Excuse me, it's “Clamdy Canes.” They say “Clams and Christmas together at last. Your whole family will clamor for them.”  Not mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment