Thursday, January 11, 2018

OUR COLORS ARE RUNNING

This post is about flags, not the expression on his face.

They broke in to yesterday afternoon's TV programs on the "broadcast" channels to televise the press conference of our President and Norway's Prime Minister, Erna Solberg. I was involved in something else, so I wasn't paying too much attention.

I looked up and first recognized the Norwegian flag. I never fail to spot that flag, even if it is only one in a U.N. type flag array. (In this household we are very partial to anything Norwegian.) So I listened for a while. I had no idea of the question that had just been asked of him, but the man was going on about Hillary Clinton. What in the world could she have to do with our relations with Norway? Nothing. He just threw her into the mix, three times in fact, as I later learned. He'll take any opportunity to bolster himself. Don't get me started on what I think of that man.

But I digress... One thing that struck me, flag-spotter that I am, was the relative states of those red, white, and blue flags. The colors of the Norwegian flag are crisp and clean. The colors of the American flag are running. That white is getting a bit pink. It's time to replace a few things at the White House.



No comments:

Post a Comment