Friday, April 24, 2015

BIRTHDAYS




I read this morning that this is the 200th birthday of the Victorian novelist Anthony Trollope. We readers should really celebrate this because

     He said: “The habit of reading is the only one I know in which there is no alloy. It lasts when all other pleasures fade. It will be there to support you when all other resources are gone. It will be present to you when the energies of your body have fallen away from you. It will make your hours pleasant to you as long as you live.”

For a reader, truer words were never spoken.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It is also the 73rd birthday of Barbra Streisand. How do I know this? First of all because I know that she was born the same year I was. And because I know the lyrics to her version of I’m Five.  “…I’m five – on April 24th."
So, nu?


It’s also the birthday of Sue Grafton and Robert Penn Warren. Great day for birthdays of all kinds.  And a very merry unbirthday to you.

This was just an impromptu post - Today is also Arbor day, and I've a nice post to post about trees. See you later! 







No comments:

Post a Comment