Monday, April 20, 2015

HOME BODIES

The mailbox on Floreana
 My favorite cousin and his wife just returned from a trip to Peru and the Galapagos Islands, so this BBC Travel article on The World’s Most Charming Mailbox attracted my attention. It’s a wonderful story – be sure to read it.

At the end of the piece, the BBC asked readers to take part in an on-line poll about travel. The first Question was this:
    
How often do you travel internationally?
Select only one
1 to 3 trips/year - The destination matters more than the journey
4 to 6 trips per/year - Home is important, but travel is better!
7 to 10 trips/year - I am on the road more often than not
I'm nomadic. I don't even have a home address!
Votes 8,506


Wow! I would have loved to click on that last option. I can’t even click on the first one. Perhaps if they’d included the option of 4 to 6 trips in your lifetime, I could have gone with that one.  With 8,506 votes at that time, it seems like there are plenty of people who could select one of the options. Lucky ducks.




No comments:

Post a Comment