Monday, March 30, 2015

WHO WOULD YOU BE?



I went to a lovely luncheon last week. This is a group of around 60 ladies from our section of the community here at Sun City Carolina Lakes. The great gal who organizes it tries to have something interesting to do each time. This month she had us pick a question out of a basket. We had to go around and get as many answers as we could from the other luncheoneers. I sat on my butt, chatting as others came to our table, and got 12. One busy gal got 42 answers to her question. But what struck a lot of us was the question pulled by the gal sitting next to me: “If you could trade places with one person, who would it be?”

I think that’s why I just sat there. As the others came by and she asked her question we got into some great conversations. Why? Because not one gal wanted to be anyone other than herself, or be anywhere else. When asked the question, each one, including me, had to think hard because we really didn’t know. Many of us have serious upsetments in our lives, yet we wouldn't think to trade places. I think this speaks volumes on the type of women, the type of men too, who live here. It is a great community of interested and interesting people who like their lives “just fine, thank you.”  After a bit of discussion and joshing around, each one came up with a flip answer. One gal said "Bill Gates", one even smarter gal said "Melinda Gates", me, I said "Queen Elizabeth". 


My question, not to intriguing, was “If you could be an animal for a day, what would you be and why?” Dogs, cats, birds, a horse, even an SCCL dog, because they seem to be pampered around here. Another gal’s question was “if you could have any type of house, what would you have.” The best answer that one brought the biggest round of applause: “Clean!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment