Monday, January 6, 2014

CHICKEN PARMESAN MY WAY...

...the quick way!


Frank’s been after me to make Chicken Parmesan. The queen of that recipe is daughter Alice – hers is delicious, and quite ‘involved’.  I was not about to make the sauce from scratch, so I thought of a quickie way to get the Italian flavor on top of some chicken breast fillets.

While I preheated my handy-dandy toaster oven to 400°, I did up my regular ‘recipe’ of chicken fillets breaded with panko crumbs, then fried in butter and a bit of oil.

Meanwhile I mixed about half a cup of grated Parmesan and Romano in with a 14 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes Italian style, the kind with basil, garlic and oregano already in there - instant Italian!

I laid out the chicken in the oven pan, poured on the tomato mix, and sprinkled on some shredded mozzarella. In for about 15 minutes, and hey presto! – it passes for great Chicken Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment