Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FOR THE BIRDS



 
If you are a birder, if you are looking for the ultimate in ‘eye candy’, be sure to go to go to YouTube and see Fast Forward Through a 264 Species Birding Day.  Last week, my regular email of enews from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology alerted me to this great presentation compiled to show, in the same order, the 264 species Team Sapsucker, setting out to see as many species of birds as they could, saw in 24 hours. I was delighted with how many species I recognized right away, but they went by so quickly that my brain didn’t have time to spit out the names.

I’m pleased to have been able to increase the number on my life list to 185 since we moved to the Carolinas. Seeing 264 in 24 hours seems like the Holy Grail of birding – and it is a record.  The group will try to beat their record this year – I wish them luck, and I wish I could go along with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment