Friday, July 19, 2019

LIFE'S LITTLE CHORES




As I was changing the toilet paper roll in the bathroom this afternoon, I thought about how many times I’ve done that before. Then I got to thinking – I wonder just how many times have I done so many other little chores before:

Put in a new roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, or a box of tissues
Done a load of laundry
Changed the bed
Washed the dishes
Prepared breakfast, lunch, or dinner
Vacuumed, dusted
Shopped for groceries
Proved the bank statement …

Well, that’s getting a bit far out there, but those day-to-day jobs are adding up. Did you ever wonder about things like this? They say you can't know everything, and I know that I can make an estimated guess, but I'll never really know how many times I've changed the toilet paper. Ah, well - that's life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment