Friday, March 15, 2019

MY LITTLE LIST OF HORRORS

I could care less what’s on the television – I’m either reading, writing or poring through the internet. I like to sit in rocking chair the Frank custom made for me years ago. The rocker fits my generous proportions, and it sits in the living room. So, I wear ear protectors to shut out as much of the sound as I can. Every once in a while some change in the sound or a flicker of light makes me look up at the screen. Last night I looked up during an interview a PBS reporter was having with an author. Lovely gal. And then she gestured with her hands and I went “bleah.” She’d painted her fingernails black. I just loathe that.

Fleeting and flitting brain that I have, I immediately thought to do a blog on new dress and grooming fads that I simply hate. I hate most of them because, to be honest, they strike me as being less than “lady like.” I know we live in an era where we can dress and adorn ourselves in whatever fashion suits our fancy, but some of them look awful.


Herewith, my list of horrors:
·       Nail polish in any colour out of the reds, pinks, coral, or naturals range – they should be worn only by Dracula
·       Red nail polish on stubby fingernails – attentions should never be drawn to stubby set of fingernails. They look like they’ve been chewed.
·       One or two nails on each hand painted a different colour - disconcerting
·       Hair with zig zag parts or a zig zag cut – neaten up folks.
·       Fake braids hair enhancements – natural is the way to go
·       Socks, sheer or not, worn with high heels – I knew a gal back in the sixties who wore white anklets and heels – she looked ridiculous.
·       Socks and brogues worn with dresses – looks like trans dressing to me
·       Bra straps that show. Strangely, wide, workout-bra straps showing don’t bother me
·       Spandex garments worn outside the gym – ladies, as a dear friend of mine always says: “Spandex is a  privilege.”
·       High heels with ankle straps. That strap interrupts the visual flow of the leg from toe to hemline, making legs look a bit chunky.





I’ve probably got a few more I could add to the list, but you can think about these for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment