Friday, September 8, 2017

SCOTCH TAPE



I had a lovely chuckle this morning. I read in The Writer’s Almanac that on this day in 1930, 3M began marketing Scotch Tape. Every once in a while, when I’m called upon to use some of my own supply of this ubiquitous tool, I’ll remember my mother telling me how, when she was in her room wrapping Christmas presents, I’d knock on the door and call out “I hear Scotch Tape!”


I was always curious to know what she was doing and how she was doing it. My sister, also curious, went even further: she’d open the wrappings and peek at the packages to try to find out who was getting what. I delight to look with my mind’s eye and see her doing that. Mom always knew. Sometimes we’d swear she had “eyes in the back of her head.”

I do love it when little things that happen bring back such wonderful memories. They certainly set the pace for a happy day.



No comments:

Post a Comment