Friday, August 11, 2017

THE SALUTE



This is Watkins Glen, August 1978. Frank and I were regulars at the 6-Hour, Trans-Am, and Can-Am races at The Glen. This was a weekend for us to stay at the Hilton in Corning, enjoy some wonderful meals and perhaps a summer-theater offering, and explore the museums there. That was back in the days when there were great buys to be had at the Corning Glass store. All these years later, I still have the Pyrex ware I bought.

This man and his son were always at The Glen too. Many’s the time the boy had on his Cub Scout uniform, and he always paid respect to the national anthems that were being played: ours and O Canada.

I brought a copy of the picture along with me the next year, but the father and son duo weren’t there. I often wonder what they were doing that August weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment