Friday, October 10, 2014

OCTOBER


Well Holey Socks, I just discovered that last week's post didn't post. A Senior Moment perhaps?  One never knows.  Today's post is below this one. Sorry!




                 October
               In October I'll be host
               To witches, goblins and a ghost
               I'll serve them chicken soup on toast
               Whoopy once, whoopy twice
               Whoopy chicken soup with rice

Ah yes, it is finally October. The days are getting shorter and cooler. All I can say to that is "Whoopy!"  I don't know about serving chicken soup on toast - with toast, of course, but not on it.  Maybe in it. I love chicken soup, and I can whip up a great chicken noodle soup in no time at all. I once, in my childhood, I suppose, loved Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup.  Not any more. I bought a can a while ago, just for nostalgia sake, and it now seems watered down and blah. Needs salt too.  I know they're de-salting a lot of prepared foods (while others seem loaded with salt. Typical.) De-salting for our health, over salting for flavor.

In these coming winter months I will enjoy my chicken soup in the form of Knorr or Maggi bouillon. A mug of hot bouillon on a cold afternoon is comfort at its quickest and finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment