Tuesday, April 17, 2012

REFUGIO BEACH


2001 - REFUGIO BEACH STATE PARK
I took this picture at Refugio Beach State Park in Santa Barbara, California.  I think this young boy was on his knees praying that his Mom wouldn't beat the tar out of him - or off of him as the case would be.

We were driving north on US 101 when the lure of the beautiful beach was to strong to ignore. I wanted to dip my toes in the Pacific once again, so I took off my sandals and waded in. Big mistake!  There are tar globules everywhere in the sand.  I've since learned that this is common to beaches in that area. At our hotel that night it took me what seemed like eons to get off the tar. What a mess.  At least my good sandals weren't covered in the stuff. I can only imagine the horror on the face of this boy's Mom when he finished his romp in the surf.  I hope she had gallons of turpentine handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment