Tuesday, February 28, 2012

TO FELLOW CONNOISSEURS OF FINE WHINES



I hear your whine and raise you one. I do empathize! Whining is what Frank and I seem to do quite a bit of these days.  If it isn’t the weather it’s the coming elections, or the unbelievable things our kids are doing, or the dumb  things other people do. 

       What are they thinking?
              What are they thinking?
                      What are they thinking?
                             What are they thinking?
                                            ???

Not that we know all the answers – far from it! – but in our old age we do enjoy a commiserating whine.

The weather, above all, is Frank’s favorite topic for a whine.  After 75 years in the north he is not too kind when it comes to Carolinas weather. Until we stopped the daily paper he was sure to report to me the high and low and the forecast for the day up in Albany. Not that I cared, and he knew it, but it was information he delighted in sharing out loud. Now I get only the Sunday forecast. I suppose that’s a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment