Thursday, March 26, 2020

KATHARINE HEPBURN'S BROWNIES



 I love that the old article said that 16 brownies could be made for $2.48 (to the penny) but I've never priced it out in recent years.

Sometimes it eerie when you’re thinking of something and then along comes an unexpected reference to it. Case in point: early this morning I was looking through my baking binder, searching for some goodies to make for Frank. I looked at but passed by a recipe from Katharine Hepburn that I usually make for brownies. And what came up in this morning’s New York Times daily recipe? Katharine Hepburn’s Brownies. Eerie. Cue the theme from The Twilight Zone.

The brownies in this morning's New York Times


The Times recipe is here.  There’s quite a bit of difference in the recipes, from the type of chocolate used to the oven temperature. Seeing as how the one I use is one I clipped from an issue of Woman’s Day in the 1980s, I’d go with mine. But then, you might want to try both recipes - extra goodies never go to waste









No comments:

Post a Comment