Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TOUCHES OF CHRISTMAS


 
Here we are, a few days before the 4th of July, and I’m thinking about Christmas. My house has touches of Christmas in it all year long. A needlepoint of St. Nicholas and polar bears hangs in my kitchen, the angel I made years ago for our front door now hangs in our guest room along with a shelf full of toys, and for years my living room decor has always been green and red. Christmas touches are all over the house.

 
As usual, I’m almost finished with my Christmas shopping. Books, always, for the granddaughters – I’m supplied ahead with books through 2015 – and little gifts for the adults. We agreed along ago that more expensive gifts just weren’t necessary for us older ones: Christmas is a birthday party for children. It’s a challenge to find inexpensive and appropriate gifts, but I’m lucky at this this year.


In this warm summer month - and it's been a steam bath here these last few days - I just thought I’d tantalize you with a couch of coolth.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment